Monday, June 11, 2007

We are home!!!!

Well we finally got to come home on Saturday night. The moment we walked in the door Troy got the biggest grin on his face and we knew he was so glad to be out of the hospital. He is doing pretty good considering his leukemia. He takes 18 doses of medication everyday which can be a challenge to get a 2 year old to swollow medicine that taste like poop. But, we know he is trying his best. I can already see great inprovments just in the few days we have been home. He is finally eating a little bit, sleeping great and trying to be a good boy. Troy will go to the clinic and outpatient treatment center twice a week for the next month and they expect ALL the lukemia cell to be gone by the end of this month. We just can't wait till the 4th of July!!! The rest of his treatment will be about 3 years but we don't care as long as he gets better. That is the only option at this point. I have to tell all of our family, friends and ward buds how wonderful they all have been during this terrible time. I know that we are so lucky to have a great support all around us. Without it this would be impossible. I don't know how I will ever thank everyone for their help, words of hope, and prayers. Please know everything is appreciated and I know that is what will pull Troy through this. I'll try to update his progress as often as I can and pass along the good news when it comes. Thanks again.

6 comments:

Maren said...

Welcome Home!! Heard you had a fun famly party last night and that Troy is a dadys boy! : ) Let me know if/when I can help out. Im just home. Im real good at giving shots too if you have to do any of that!

Sarah's Nonsense said...

Yay! I'm so glad ya'll get to be home. That's so much better than even the very best hospital experience. July 4th is just around the corner...

sum said...

Heather,.
I am so happy to hear things are going better! I would love to help, please let me know. Holly said the ward is doing dinner this week so I want to bring dinner next week.Let me know if theats ok Love Summer K

Mike & Stephanie Wright said...

I am sooo glad that you are home! I am coming down on the 5th of July and I can't wait to celebrate with you. Love Ya, Stephanie

The Tetlow Family said...

We are so glad Troy is home. I wish I cold be there to help you. Please let me know if there is anything I can do or if you just want to talk. July 4th will be here before you know it and we will all have more than one thing to celebrate this year!

Love,
Keri

See it Try it Love it said...

I am so happy to hear everyone is home and doing better. Troy seems like a real trooper, he must be a very special boy. Please let me know if I can do dinners as well. Or if there is anything else I can do.