Tuesday, June 5, 2007


On Monday, June 4th, Troy went to the doctor to find out why he was so uncomfortable after a night of restlessness. Once the blood tests were returned, the doctors ordered him to Desert Samaritan Hospital. The doctors have indicated that the most likely culprit is Leukemia. Troy has spent the last few nights at the hospital undergoing several tests. We have created this blog to keep all those that know and love Troy Boy up-to-date with the latest information as to his health.

Some tests that have been performed include taking bone marrow samples from his hip and extensive x-rays of his chest. As of now, the doctors are not 100% sure that it is Leukemia or a really bad infection. However, they do say that it is extremely likely. They also say that it is not a typical case and they are running further tests to be sure. There are several types of Leukemia and the tests will tell us what type, if any, he will have to face.

This is all the information that we have at this time. We will post any new information to this blog so that Chris and Heather can concentrate on being with Troy. Phone calls are appreciated, but please check this blog first or contact the Houskeepers at 480-832-1464 in lieu of contacting the Wendts directly.

Also, for those who would like to send anything to the hospital, we have been told that flowers and latex balloons are not allowed in the ICU. The only balloon they will accept is the Mylar type, which is the metallic kind.

Thank you for your prayers and concern.

6 comments:

sum said...

Holly and Chris- Hey this is summer and I am so sorry to hear about troy I can't imagine how hard it is for heather and chris and your family. I would love to help, please let me know what I could do to help. I can watch her kids or whatever. Please let me know, So sorry- summer kennedy

The Tetlow Family said...

To all the Tyler/Wendt Family- We are so sorry to hear about Troy. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you. I am so glad that you all are there to help each other through this. I wish I could be there to help too. Please let me know if you need anything or if I can help in any way.

Love,
Keri

Mike & Stephanie Wright said...

Hi Holly and Chris, I am so sorry about Troy. I will keep him in my prayers. I wish that I lived there so I could help. I will keep you all in my prayers. I love you. Love, Stephanie

carolina said...

Brother and sister Wendt,we are The Bassett and we are so sorry to hear about Troy, He was in our nursery class like 2 weeks ago,he is a such a good and sweet boy,we would like to help if its possible in any way,we are so glad that he has a beautiful family,our prayers are all for you.
With all our love,
John & Carolina Bassett

Kathie said...

Wendt family,
My thoughts and prayers are with you. I'm going to fast and pray with your church tomorrow and I know God will get you though this. Call on your friends in the the next months if you need anything we can help with because we are here for you.
Kathie Roush

Sarah's Nonsense said...

This is Sarah Carter. I'm very sorry to hear that you have such a scary illness to deal with in your family, but I am glad that he will likely make a full recovery due to the specific nature of his diagnosis. That is what I will be hoping and praying for. Justin and I will be back in Mesa soon and if, by chance, there is anything that we could do to help any of you feel free to let me know.

SarahBeth