Thursday, June 28, 2007

Big Cheeks


I can hardly believe how slow time is going by. It has only been 3 weeks since this whole “Journey” began and it feels like a year. Well Troy is doing OK so far he is on a steroid that makes you grouchy and hungry ALL the time. I tried to take a picture of his cheeks while he was looking in the pantry but he was not having that. He looks like a different child and has gained 5 pounds in 2 weeks. When you start out at 28 pounds 5 more makes a huge difference. I can’t help but laugh when I look at him which precedes him covering his face saying, “Don’t look at me!” Chris and I have got to learn to just get used to this plump faced Troy. We go back to the clinic on July 3rd to make sure all his numbers look good for another spinal tap and bone marrow aspiration on July 5th. Hopefully all the Leukemia cells will be gone and into phase II we should go. Phase II will last 6-8 months. As I understand it he will have highs and lows in Phase II. We could possibly end up back in the hospital if he gets sick at all. I am not looking forward to that but I won’t be surprised when it happens. We know Troy is in excellent hands since these doctors and nurses are seriously unbelievable. Even down to the gal taking my insurance card at the clinic, they are all incredible. I still wish every second of the day that this in not happening but I know this is reality and I just have to deal with it, no matter how much both Chris and I HATE it. I will let you all know after the result from the July 5th procedures come back. Thanks to all of you friends and family.

3 comments:

Leah Fitts said...

okay heather could he be any cuter bless his heart... i just want to squeeze him. i am so happy he like the build-a-bear... sarah is stinkin dreamy and hopefully he can look at it and smile. do you love the hair color we did last night....it looked great.. let me know... love you! leah

Mike & Stephanie Wright said...

hey Heather, Thanks, I love to see pictures and hear how he is doing. He looks so dang cute.

Maren said...

so i heard today at church that you were/are back in the hospital. is everything ok? what happened?