Friday, June 15, 2007

GREAT NEWS!!!!

Yesterday we got some great news from the doctor. Troy's bone marrow came back and he only shows 4.5% Leukemia cells left. This is amazing new to us but just what the doctors had expected. They hope to see only 5% or less by day 8 of chemotherapy. Troy is right on track and still considered a standard patient. We also found out he is a rapid early responder meaning now they know what path of chemotherapy to go down and how intense it needs to be. This is certainly an educational experience for our family but I'm sure by the end of the 3 years we will all be experts on this subject. What I do know now is that the cause of Leukemia is unknown. Contrary to what some have thought, you can not get Leukemia from eating bad meat or drinking bad water. I don't know why Troy has this disease and I will have to ponder that question later, but for now all I am focusing on is taking care of him and getting him better. Thanks to the Busby gals for starting this blog. It is a great way to tell everyone that cares how he is doing. You know I love you girls. Life is looking up and thanks to everyone for their love and prayers. I believe we have been blessed already.

6 comments:

The Tyler's said...

Thanks for updating this. You know I love to read it! I could not be more happy to hear this good news.

Mom said...

We could not be more excited about Troy's awesome improvement! We will continue to keep your family in our prayers. Love the Aker Fam

Mike & Stephanie Wright said...

I am so glad to hear that Troy is doing so well!!!! I love ya

See it Try it Love it said...

That is great!

Sarah's Nonsense said...

Fantastic news! He should get a party or something for doing so well. I'm glad everything is going smoothly with his treatment.

Mike & Stephanie Wright said...

I would love another update on how Troy is doing??????????
Love Ya,
Stephanie