Monday, March 1, 2010

London's Run/Ride

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: London's Run/Ride 2010
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
digital slideshow personalized with Smilebox

Another wonderful time was had at London's Run/Ride this year!!! Each year I love it more and more. All the training and hard work pays off for me when I run it. The day started with the opening ceremonies given by Heather Solomon (London's Mom). I stood there with Troy and all the other children that have benefied from London's Run throughout the years. To stand next to these parents and kids was very difficult for me but yet I felt so grateful to be a part of it. Heather talked about how much these kids go through on a daily basis. She said the reason they wanted to have a 1/2 marathon was because that is something very hard to do. Just like what these children go through is very hard too. By the end of the opening ceremonies I was a crying mess but I got myself together to run. My favorite part of the race was all the pictures along the course. Seeing my Troy boy on the posters gave me all the motivation to keep going. My family and friends at the water station is always a treat as well. Seeing them cheer me on is something I look forward to. At every corner I saw a Troy's Army shirt and I loved that. From the beginning of this journey I have recognized how blessed my life truly is but on a day like London's Run it is nice to be reminded. Thank you all so much for being a part of Troy's Army this year. It was a journal entry day for sure. I love all the people that organize this event each year and I look forward to next year already. It is amazing how many lives one little girl named London has changed. Thanks again everyone!!!

1 comment:

The Tyler's said...

Love love love all the pics!!! London's run is the funnest ever. Seriously can't wait to do it again someday! Thx for posting this!

I'll have to tell Maddy she is in 2 pics!