Monday, February 1, 2010

Like mother like daughter

If any of you know my mother you know that she has a difficult time throwing things away. Seriously, she has old check books from the 80's and just can’t part with much. I usually am quite the opposite of that but the other day I realized I am more like her than I thought. As I was cleaning out some files I found all these cards and notes that I didn’t realize I had kept. They were from when everything "went down" back in June of 07. At that time I remember thinking I wanted to throw everything out that I got. Not because I didn’t appreciate it because I certainly did, but because I didn’t ever want to be reminded of that time in my life. I took NO pictures of Troy in the hospital what so ever simply because I didn’t want to remember at all. To my surprise finding these gems was kind of fun and humbling. I was reminded how blessed I was and am to have truly remarkable people in my life. Not only family and friends gave cards and gifts. Even parents of friends and strangers took time to send us a note and let us know they were thinking about Troy and my family. As we are in the serious count down from this journey I can’t help but feel overwhelmed with all the support throughout the years. Thank you, thank you, for EVERYTHING!!! And, thank you mom for giving me the don’t thrown anything out gene. I am glad that gene comes out every now and then. By the way, we will be having a huge end of treatment party when we are done in August so clear your calendars for that.

No comments: