Sunday, October 28, 2007

Tough Week


We have had quite a difficult week. The chemo drugs are really starting to wear on Troy. He is crabby, tired, and just feel like crap most of the day. I can tell he really is trying to be a good boy but he just feels so miserable. The other night we took him to the ER after he had been throwing up every 10 minutes for 7 hours. He then got a slight fever and blood in his throw up that we decided that is enough we need to take him to the ER. They re-hydrated him and gave him a different nausea medicine that seemed to work. After a horrible night of no sleep he finally slept for 5 hours and then took another nap later that day. He is just so tired right now and wants to go to bed so early. It is truly heartbreaking to watch your child in pain and not do anything to help take the pain away. We are going to try the new nausea medicine now at home and see if that works better for the tummy aches. I knew this phase was going to be tough but I truly hate it right now. Why do lifesaving drugs have to make you feel so crappy? For now we are just trying to get through this difficult phase and we look forward to the up and coming maintenance phase. Thanks for all the support from everyone. We are and will forever be grateful.

2 comments:

Mike & Stephanie Wright said...

It sounds like a nightmare Heather. I am really sorry. I will keep you guys in my prayers. I love you!!!!!!!

Abby Runyan said...

I just wanted you to know we are praying for your little Troy. I can't even imagine what you and your family are going through right now. I'm going to tell my parents about the dinner. I wish I lived in AZ so I could go. I hope the treatments get better for him, hang in there.