Saturday, July 7, 2007

YEA Troy's cancer is in remission!!!!!!

Well we got some awesome news yesterday. Troy’s cancer is in remission!!!! We could not be happier. The surgery to place his port went great and he is doing so super good. We have seen Troy’s smile emerging again and even him belly roll laughing. I can’t tell you how wonderful it has been to see a smile on his face again. Ever since he had his PICC line removed and we have been back home he has been so happy. Don’t get me wrong he still has his screaming spells but I know that will taper off eventually. I am just happy everything is happening just as it should. We could not hope for anything better at this point. Life is hard but things are looking up. Troy’s next clinic visit is on Wednesday and that is when we find out what protocol he has been randomized into. We will start a whole new set of chemotherapy in phase II, which will last 6-8 months. I know all our prayers have been answered and we just need to have a little faith.

5 comments:

The Tetlow Family said...

I am so excited for you! It looks like our prayers are being answered! Troy is one tough fighter. Way to go Troy!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Wendt Family,
Jill showed my Troy's blog yesterday and I almost wanted to cry (tears for sorrow seeing what this adorable little boy is going through, and tears of happiness for the good news that he is doing so much better!) What a little fighter he is! He is so lucky to have such a strong family support to help him through this terrible illness. Your family is in our prayers!

Maren said...

HOORAY!! that is the greatest news! let me know if i can help out.

TZ Crew said...

I recently heard about Troy and your family has been in our thoughts and prayers. Glad to hear that Troy is doing better - Tia & Zac Hoover :)

Holly Webster said...

Hey heather it's Holly Webster! Scott talked to Chris recently and he told him about Troy. We are so glad to here that he is doing better! I put his blog on mine so now we can check up on him! Tell Holly hi!