Tuesday, July 31, 2007

2 weeks off from doctors!!!!!

Just wanted to update everyone on Troy’s progress. We have had 3 weeks of spinal taps once a week, plus clinic visits every week and now we get a little break from that. He is really quite the trooper I must say. The nurses are great and Troy is even giving them smiles when they talk to him. This is a vast improvement from not talking to them at all for fear of what they were going to do to him. We sat down with the lady at the bank and Troy said really scared, “What are they going to do to my arm?” He is just leery of anyone. The protocol Troy is on will get more intense as the months go by. In about 2 months he will have be having a lot of chemo drugs. I just want to get through this phase and onto the maintenance phase. Everyone says that the maintenance phase is a piece of cake. We are enjoying the break and loving having our old Troy boy back. I do have to tell about a lady we met while Troy was getting his spinal tap last week. Her name is Trish and her daughter Sammy was diagnosed with the same kind of Leukemia as Troy (ALL) in March. This lady was so bubbly and happy telling us that she spend a lot of time in the hospital so if I need to know where the good toys or good treats are just ask her. She went on to tell us that her husband passed away in September of Leukemia so she is doing this on her own. Trish said that she does not think “woe is me,” she is just grateful for everyday she has with Sammy ( her only child ). I could not believe what I was hearing. I though what the heck does she have to smile about but somehow she has found a way to deal with all of this by herself since she just lost her husband to Leukemia. It just goes to show when you think you have it rough it could ALWAYS be worse. I am so grateful that Chris and I have each other and our seriously AMAZING support system. We love all of you.

6 comments:

Maren said...

wow, what a neat lady. it is so true, things could always be worse! glad you get a nice break from the drs. looks like you guys are having a great 'ol time with the blow up water slide in the backyard! so fun.

Mike & Stephanie Wright said...

I am glad that everything is going so well! I love the updates

Unknown said...

We will keep praying for your family. Tell Chris I laughed soooo hard about his football comment. I am thankful that this blog is here so I can check weekly how he is doing. I still don't want to call you for details but know that I am concerned and I do check up on you guys. I love your family- Ray Turley

Keri said...

I am so glad that I am a geek and blog surfed to find this page! I have been wanting to see you and your beautiful fam forever, especially when I kept seeing your sister places. I hope you have a great 2 weeks off. email me if you get a chance, keriwillis@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Chris good job with your talk- Heather Solomon (London's Run)wants to come over to your house and meet your family. She said that she is pretty positive about the fund raiser- Ray

Angie Wendt said...

I love this picture in the pool! So dang cute.. it warms my heart seeing him happy! Love ya troy boy!! :)