Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Short stay in hospital

Yesterday Troy was admitted to the hospital for a short stay of 23 hours for a fever. His red blood counts are down so they will give him a blood transfusion. The doctors also did an IGG test (a component of your immune system) which was also down so he will have another transfusion of antibodies to boost that number back up. They also want to get a cat scan of his sinus area and a chest x-ray to see if anything is going on since he has had an ongoing cold. All of this should help him feel better since yesterday he felt like crap and threw up all over on the way to the clinic. So, hopefully by this evening we should be able to go home and Troy will be feeling better. He is in good spirits and had no qualms about going back to the hospital. Wish the same could be said for Chris and I. We know we have been so lucky to not have any major problems for this entire 7 months. I count my blessing daily and know how blessed I am. Still, it is difficult to go back to the place where it all began. I remember every detail of that time and what a whirlwind of emotions that was. Luckily, the nurses are still amazing and knowing it is just a short stay makes things easier. Thanks to my Jay Circle sisters (Holly and Heidi) and Holly B. for taking on my kids at the drop of a hat. We appreciate you so much and are thankful we live so close. Thanks to everyone for your support and concern.

1 comment:

Kenyon said...

Oh, that makes me sad, I hope he is feeling better. Im glad you have a great circle of friends ready to help, Im sure that makes it easier. I think of you often.