Thursday, August 6, 2009

Summer is Over

Well the summer is over and school is back in. Time just keeps racing by us. We had a great summer with lots of swimming, camping, summer movies, hanging out with family and thankfully no ER visits. Troy is always healthy in the summer and for that I am so grateful. The dude loves to swim and I do enjoy watching him jump in the pool saying, "Cannonbunga". It just never gets old hearing that. We did find out that Troy now has 1 year from August 13th left of treatment. I never thought the time would come but I am so ready for the down hill part of the 3 plus years. Sometimes it feels like yesterday this whole journey started and sometimes it feels like forever ago. Either way I will feel a lot better when he is done. I look forward to the day he doesn’t need to take medicine every day and go to the clinic. But for now we will keep doing what we have been doing and keep being grateful for every day. Troy started Kindergarten and couldn’t be happier about that. He loves going to Abby’s school and even more he loves being in his cousin Vinny’s class. (Yes, Troy has a cousin named Vinny.) The school has been so wonderful about Troy’s whole illness and is working with us to keep him as healthy as possible. I will keep my fingers crossed for the fall and winter which are always harder on him. Thanks for all the continued support and concern for our family. We are doing great!!!!



Cousins camping

Tired from swimming



Troy and his cousin Vinny on the 4th of July



Pre-school graduation




No comments: